WHAT IS THE STYLESAINT MAGAZINE?
The StyleSaint Magazine is your go-to guide for all things style - aimed to help you get-up, get dressed, and get out the
door in style.
WHAT IS MY STYLEBIBLE?
Your StyleBible is a collection of your favorite StyleSaint Magazine features saved to your profile.
HOW DO I BUILD MY STYLEBIBLE?
- Go to the STYLESAINT MAGAZINE
- Hover over or open the feature you want to save, then click on the SAVE IT button
- The featured will be saved on your profile under STYLEBIBLE
A TEAR SHEET is an image on StyleSaint. A tear sheet can be re-torn to your profile directly from our site, added from another webpage using the TEAR IT button, or uploaded from your computer. Each tear added to StyleSaint using the TEAR IT button links back to the website it came from. Anyone can tear images from StyleSaint, however you must be accepted into StyleSaint's editorial team to tear images from other websites or upload images from your computer.
HOW CAN I START TEARING IMAGES FROM THE WEB?
In order to TEAR images directly from the web you must apply to become part of StyleSaint’s editorial team.
Don’t fret — it’s easy:
- Show us your style by creating your first STYLEBOOK
- Then, select JOIN OUR EDITORIAL TEAM in the ABOUT drop-down menu
- Answer the “about you” questions within the application and hit SUBMIT
- Shortly after submission, you’ll receive a confirmation email letting you know we’re reviewing your application
- Once your application is accepted, you’ll receive an email welcoming you to the StyleSaint editorial team with instructions on installing our members-only TEAR IT BOOKMARKLET
HOW DO I INSTALL THE TEAR IT BUTTON? WATCH VIDEO
- After applying and being accepted as part of StyleSaint’s editorial team, you can install the TEAR IT BUTTON in order to tear images from the web
- Install the TEAR IT BUTTON in your browser’s bookmarks bar
- While you browse the web, click the TEAR IT BUTTON to tear an image, after which it will appear in your STYLEFEED. When you tear from a website, we automatically grab the source so we can credit the original creator
WHAT IS A STYLEFEED?
A STYLEFEED is a collection of TEAR SHEETS and STYLEBOOKS on a user's profile page.
WHAT IS A STYLEBOOK?
STYLEBOOKS are a collection of TEAR SHEETS (inspiring imagery) expressed in a stunning digital fashion magazine. Be your own editor-in-chief: tear images from the web, collect them on your STYLEFEED profile page, and create your own STYLEBOOKS.
WHO CAN CREATE A STYLEBOOK?
Everyone! All StyleSaint users can create a STYLEBOOK, from the casual user who is happy to view, collect, and share the thousands of images that already exist on StyleSaint, to the StyleSaint editor, the voracious content consumer who wishes to add her own images directly from the web to the StyleSaint community.
HOW DO I CREATE A STYLEBOOK? WATCH VIDEO
- Click CREATE
- Enter your new STYLEBOOK title and description
- Drag and drop a worthy cover image
- Your last 10 TEARS are automatically selected, and you’ll find all of your tears on the left
- Fill your STYLEBOOK with the images of your choice
- Click CREATE and share your inspiration on Twitter and Facebook
WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY STYLEBOOKS?
Save a Stylebook to your Profile
- Click on the SAVE IT icon found under each unopened StyleBook to make it a part of your profile
- Once you’ve opened a StyleBook, find the SAVE IT icon to the right of the StyleBook to add it to your collection
- Reference these go to guides again and again to help you get dressed in the morning
EMBED A STYLEBOOK ON TUMBLR
- Under PREFERENCES, make sure that PLAIN TEXT/HTML is selected
- Click SAVE, then create a new TEXT POST
- Paste the EMBED CODE in the POST box. Note: the STYLEBOOK will not be previewable
- Click CREATE POST and the embed will now appear in your blog (and not in your Dashboard)
- Change your setting back to rich text format if you want — then lather, rinse, and repeat for your next STYLEBOOK embed!
WHAT IS SUBSCRIBING?
Subscribing to a STYLEBOOK user means that all of that user’s STYLEBOOKS will show up in your DIGITAL NEWSSTAND in real-time. You may LOVE and TEAR these images and STYLEBOOK as often as you wish you wish.
WHAT ARE THE ICONS BELOW AN IMAGE AND STYLEBOOK?
- Hit the heart icon to love any image or STYLEBOOK
- Click on the comment icon and type in your comment on any image or STYLEBOOK
- The torn icon shows how many times an image has been torn. When you click on the actual icon, the image will be torn
When you LOVE an image or a STYLEBOOK on StyleSaint, you are giving the creator props for coming up with such an awesome visual. Images and STYLEBOOKS that you LOVE will appear under RECENT ACTIVITY on your personal STYLEFEED, but you will not be added to your profile.
When you TEAR an image or, that image will appear in your profile’s STYLEFEED, allowing you to access them again and again.
WHAT INSPIRED STYLESAINT?
StyleSaint was inspired and conceived by our founder, Allison Beal. Allison is our high priestess of style, the dainty hooligan turned driving force behind StyleSaint, one of the coolest fashion communities in the world.
Click HERE for her full story.